Friday, February 6, 2009

Packed up and heading out!

Well, my week of rest and relaxation has come to an end.

Connecticut is beautiful, and I have enjoyed my stay. I accomplished a few things I set out to do:

I found the gravestone of some long-deceased grandmother (as in centuries ago). This finding, however, may be questionable until I do some more solid searching. Anyhoo, her name was Elizabeth Mathews (or Matthews), and she died here in New Haven in 1684 or so. I took a video of the marker, which had been moved from the Old Green to the Grove cemetery. That's right:

They moved the headstones, but they didn't move the bodies!

From what I can tell, I have other decomposing genetic predecessors under the Old Green in New Haven.

We drove past The Tomb, where the Skull and Bones crew get together on Thursday and Sundays. It was dark and creepy.

Had dinner in Mystic, CT. And no, I didn't eat pizza.

I started my blog!

What was left undone:

I did not make it to the Amistad exhibit. Given that J will likely be here again, I will likely be here again as well.

Explored on my own. Yeah, cold and agoraphobia really don't mix. I did take a walk to Starbucks and to the Big Y, but that was the extent of my ventures. I will do better next time.

So I am going to call the bellman now, get all of the bags downstairs, and head out.

I love traveling, and what I enjoyed the most about this trip was that I really began the process of choosing what I wanted to do, not just doing because I felt I was "supposed" to. I slept in and didn't feel guilty. I ate what I wanted, and worked out when I wanted for as long as I wanted. Finally, I gave myself permission to continue this process when I get home.

There is no reason that everyday can't have moments of a vacation.

Be well,

Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment